Peconic Bay Water Jitney wishes to thank the villages of Sag Harbor and Greenport, and all our many riders, for their support and patronage in our first summer of operations. Please watch this space for upcoming information and details regarding future operations.
What is Peconic Bay Water Jitney?
Peconic Bay Water Jitney is the fast new passenger ferry service (no cars) between Greenport and Sag Harbor. Full daily service runs through Labor Day with a five day schedule starting September 6th and running every Thursday through Monday until the end of September.
The trip is speedy (about 40 minutes) and carefree aboard our 53 passenger water taxi.
The vessel is fully enclosed, air-conditioned, handicap accessible and is lavatory equipped. The vessel and crew are approved and certified by the United States Coast Guard.
- One Way Fare: $11.00
- Open Return Round-Trip Fare: $20.00
Special Childeren's Fares (Tues., Wed. and Thursday - 13 and under):
- One Way Fare: $6.00
- Open Return Round-Trip Fare: $11.00
September 2012 Schedule:
- Normal service runs 5 days a week, Thursday through Monday.
- Extra late day trips each Friday and Saturday.
- Sorry, no service on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Sag Harbor - The north end (furthest point from shore) of Long Wharf.
- Greenport - At Mitchell Park in front of the marina office, near the carousel.
Parking & Shuttle Service:
- Shuttle service runs through Labor Day.
- Public parking is located within a short walking distance of the piers in both Greenport and Sag Harbor.
- Please observe local parking regulations to avoid ticketing or towing of your vehicle.